Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Life Lately: April Edition

So I haven't been awful and posting, but I'm still not doing a good job and keeping an up-to-date blog on my life. It's been harder right now because I haven't been doing much as far as sewing or crafting. I started my Black & White Challenge project, and I'm kind of stuck in a rut. The neck binding is giving me a headache even though I keep telling myself I'm a beginner. I've been busy elsewhere though. Here's some proof:



  

Sorry for the poor photos and weird photo layout. Blogger and I are not friends right now.

On Saturday I made a Peanut Butter Pie for Easter--only 6 points per slice! I got the recipe over at Skinnytaste, one of my favorite WW blogs. It was definitely less stressful to know what I was eating for dessert and how many points it was (event though I've had a bad food week). I also went for a run on Saturday because it was FINALLY sunny outside! I don't know if it's been doom and gloom where you are, but it has been so drab here.

I've been getting into some extra reading for work as you can see. I totally recommend buying at least one book that is in your field to help you personal/professional growth outside of your job. Or, just a book about something that really interests you! 

My Laurel pattern came in the mail last week and I am in the process of measuring and cutting out the pattern. I bought some fabric online (which I hope to show you tomorrow--it should finally be here) to build my stash, and there is a pretty little number I am planning to use for my first Laurel. But BEFORE that I'm actually going to make a muslin! I have some old bedsheets that will work just fine to make sure I have everything just right before I slice into my final fabric. We'll see how that goes!

I'll be traveling for work next week so I am hoping to get a lot done before then. Hopefully I'll have something to show for my non-blogging habits soon. Maybe I'll even show you guys my terrible top that I am trying (too) hard to perfect.



No comments:

Post a Comment