Saturday, December 29, 2012

Christmas isn't over...yet!

I love Christmas. Besides Valentine's Day (my birthday), it's my favorite holiday. I love that everyone gets together. I love the look on everyone's face when they open up a gift they didn't expect to get. It. Is. Wonderful.

This Christmas was the first married one for the hub's and me. For awhile there it didn't feel like Christmas--maybe because of no snow, no fam around all the time--I'm not sure. But he did his very best to make it 110% better and Christmas-y, just for me. He gave me awesome gifts and we were able to make memories that will last us forever (queue the cheese).

We did a little bit of decorating, as I like to keep things simple. My mom offered us a very small tree to use as our first Christmas tree. It was small, but it was ours--wonderful. We decorated it about a week before Christmas, and that's when I gave Josh his gift: a Steeler's ornament with sloppy writing on it that said "Steelers vs. Bengals 2012." He didn't quite process it at first--we were going to the big Steelers game of the season as his present!

Our tree and one lone decoration
That was what made our Christmas special as well since he hasn't been to a game since we've been together. Plus, it was my very first Steelers game. Ever.

But, Christmas isn't over! Since we spent Christmas Day with his family we only got to FaceTime with mine (technology is SO AWESOME). We're making the trip to see my side over this weekend/into 2013. I couldn't be more excited.

I hope whoever is reading this had a wonderful Christmas as well--it's a magical time of year and I can't wait for the next time it rolls around!


No comments:

Post a Comment