Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013 Bucket List

Yes. The annual "this is what I'm going to do in 2013" post. It's a must, you guys, I'm sorry. This will be quick and painless. I'm not going to try and do a million or a cliche "13" in 2013. Nope, we will stick with . But this is what I want to do in 2013:
  1. Sew a dress/skirt/outfit for every wedding we have to attend (minus the one that I'm in) in 2013. We have a lot of weddings to go to this year (it's closing in on double digits but I don't think it'll get that out of hand--who knows!), and I'd like to try and make a few dresses to wear to them. Most are in summer, and the one that is in December 2013 will definitely be a dress/tights occasion. I feel like if I could tackle my fear of pockets and zippers I can definitely do it, but I have to start now. I'll make a separate post tag for this--it should be interesting!
  2. Run a 5k. As much as I want to make "lose weight" as one of my goals--it's just a given goal that I will always keep. I feel as if it's a given for [almost] everyone. I've been saying I've wanted to run a 5k for at least four years now. This year is the year. I don't know when, but it will happen.
  3. Cook/bake as much as possible. Before the holiday, the hub and I were doing SO good at eating healthier than we ever had. Then came the cookies. And the cheesy potatoes. And the ha--well, you know. When I cook we eat better, so I'm going to be cooking and blogging about that as well. AND, I might even throw in a scone recipe in this year just so my blog name makes sense. ;)
  4. Better photography. I've had my beautiful camera for over six months now and I still have so much to learn.
  5.  Happiness. All the time. Sometimes I can be SO cranky. I don't know how my husband deals with me--he's a saint. In 2013 I'm going to be more like him. I'm going to laugh at myself, smile all the time and let things roll of my back. It's one of the MANY things I love about him, and it's one of the many things I want him to love about me, too.
I think this is a pretty solid 2013 Bucket List. A couple of things that didn't make the top five were wear more makeup (it sounds vain, but I really need to start making myself look more presentable) and get rid of my yarn stash--I have WAY TOO MUCH YARN!

I'll be making a larger bucket list that doesn't have a "yearly" timeline (AKA my LIFE Bucket List) that I'm sure I'll share.

Anything I should add to the list? What are your goals for 2013?


1 comment:

  1. Sounds doable. Except the 5k...I couldn't/ wouldn't run to save my life! But if you're into torture, I say go for it!

    ReplyDelete